“Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if any one hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.”
Becoming a Catholic
The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) is a process for preparing and welcoming new members into the Catholic Church. The process culminates at Easter when you are received into the Catholic faith through the Sacraments of Baptism, Eucharist and Confirmation. Through the RCIA, you will encounter our Lord Jesus; and through Him, live the fullness of life.
To whom does the RCIA cater for?
- Christians from another faith tradition
- Baptised Catholics seeking to walk with the candidates and deepen their own faith in the process
How is it done?
Through the RCIA, we come to experience God’s love in a warm and friendly community, through presentations, sharing and fellowship. RCIA commences each year in late July and concludes at Pentecost the following year (around May). There are no weekly meeting during the school holidays.
Come join us as …
- Candidates Adults expressing interest in the Catholic faith.
- Sponsors and Volunteers Jointly walk with the candidates in discovering the Christian faith together
- Catechists Facilitators of meetings and sessions.
Key dates for RCIA 2022/2023
- 23 August 2022 RCIA Commences
- 8 April 2023 Easter Vigil
- 28 May 2023 Pentecost/Conclusion
Where can I get more information?
- Fr Thai Vu 9332 5992 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fr CJ Millen 9332 5992 email@example.com
“Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.”