“Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if any one hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.”
Becoming a Catholic
The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) is a process for preparing and welcoming new members into the Catholic Church. The process culminates at the Easter when the candidates receive the Sacraments of Baptism, Eucharist, Confirmation and Reconciliation. At Willetton Catholic Parish, the RCIA also serves as a fellowship platform for ministry members and past RCIA candidates to continue to grow in faith.
To whom does the RCIA cater for?
- Those who have not been baptised or confirmed.
- Baptised Christians from other denominations
- Baptised Catholics seeking to grow their faith
How is it done?
Through the RCIA, we come to experience God’s love in a warm and friendly community, through presentations, sharing and fellowship. RCIA commences each year in late July and concludes at Pentecost the following year (around May). There are no weekly meeting during the school holidays.
Come join us as …
- Candidates Adults expressing interest in the Catholic faith.
- Sponsors and Volunteers Accompany and support the Candidates in their discovery of the Catholic faith.
- Catechists Facilitators of meetings and sessions.
Key dates for RCIA 2020/2021
- 4 Aug 2020 RCIA Commences
- 4 April 2021 Easter Vigil
- 23 May 2021 Pentecost/Conclusion
Where can I get more information?
- Fr Thai Vu 9332 5992 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Howard Ong 0412 177 378 email@example.com
- Neicha Sequira 9332 0563
“Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.”