“Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if any one hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.”
Becoming a Catholic
The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) is a process for preparing and welcoming new members into the Catholic Church. The process culminates at the Easter when the candidates receive the Sacraments of Baptism, Eucharist, Confirmation and Reconciliation.
To whom does the RCIA cater for?
- Those who have not been baptised or confirmed.
- Baptised Christians from other denominations
- And just as importantly, baptised Catholics who wish to renew their faith
How is it done?
Faith development and growth is achieved through a well-structured series of presentations, sharing and reflection. Led by a team of catechists, the sessions cover all foundation topics of our faith. The faith formation sessions commences in late July each year and concludes in May the following year, at Pentecost. There are no meeting during the school holidays.
- The Bible
- Holy Trinity
- The Mass
- Salvation History
- The Ten Commandments
- The Sacraments
- Saints & Mary
- Death & Afterlife
- Living Your Faith
- and many more …
Come join us as …
- Candidate An adult expressing an interest in the Catholic faith.
- Sponsor A baptised Catholic providing companionship and support to the candidates.
- Prayer Partner A member of our community who support the candidates through regular prayers and letters of encouragement.
- Hospitality Team Organises tea breaks and other social gatherings; to help foster a sense of community and fellowship.
- Catechist An instructor/facilitator to our meeting sessions. Our team will guide any prospective Catechist to take on this role, providing him/her with instructional materials and other support. In addition, the Archdiocesan RCIA Committee runs a Catechist Formation course to help prepare potential RCIA Catechists.
Key dates for RCIA 2018/2019
- 26 June 2018 Information Evening
- 17 July 2018 RCIA Commences
- 20 April 2019 Easter Vigil
- 9 June 2019 Pentecost/Conclusion
Where can I get more information?
- Fr Thai Vu 9332 5992 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Howard Ong 0412 177 378 email@example.com
- Neicha Sequira 9332 0563
“Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.”