In light of the directives letter from Archbishop Costelloe dated 15 May 2020 regarding COVID 19 measures, Fr. Anthony and Fr. Thai, having reviewed these directives, our parish resources and your feedback have decided to incorporate the directives into our parish as follows:
1) The church of Sts John and Paul will not stand open to the public for self-managed attendance – However, we have more than 30 groups in our parish. These groups are more than welcome to access the church for prayer, adoration and your group activities. If you wish, Fr. Anthony and Fr. Thai are more than happy to celebrate Mass with your group any day of the week.
2) From Monday 18th May and subsequent Mondays. The leaders of the groups will be contacted to explain these changes, requirements and responsibility for using the church/parish centre. Our Parish Office volunteers will assist you to meet the Archbishop and Government requirements. If you want you can make the booking for your group, our volunteers will help you with that too.
3) The parish centre will also be made available for groups to use if necessary.
4) Only 1 group at a time can access the church or parish centre.
5) If your group uses the church or the parish centre, the Leaders must accept responsibility for complying with all of the COVID 19 health measures, as detailed in the Archbishops letter and from the West Australian Government, including limiting attendance to 20 attendees, keeping a record of attendees names and contact details, not permitting unwell attendees to participate, organising seating and signage to comply with Government social distancing protocols, managing entry and exit of attendees to comply with social distancing protocols, cleaning and sanitising all parts of the church touched by attendees and all of the other measures as listed in the archbishops letter.
6) The parish will provide all of the cleaning materials required.
7) If you do not belong to any group and would like to use the church/parish centre, please contact Fr Anthony and Fr Thai to make the appropriate arrangements.
8) As regards; Baptisms, Confirmations, Weddings, Funerals, Anointing of the sick, Confessions and private or home Masses. Parishioners will need to contact Fr. Anthony and Fr. Thai directly to arrange these matters.
As for now, the current dispensation of the Archbishop to the faithful of their obligation to attend Sunday Mass is still valid. Please refer to the many streaming services listed under the resources section of the Archbishops letter.
These are truly unprecedented times and there will inevitably be unintended consequences and difficulties ahead, Fr. Anthony and Fr. Thai would ask for your understanding, patience and prayers as we work through these matters.
May God Bless you all
Father Thai (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Live streaming of mass is available at:
To spiritually participate in the private masses celebrated by our priests each day, please pray the Spiritual Communion Prayer:
I believe You are truly present in the most Blessed Sacrament.
I love You above all thing,
And I desire to receive You into my soul.
Since I cannot at this moment receive You Sacramentally,
Come at least spiritually into my heart
Never permit me to be separated from You.
Our parish is a vibrant and active community, which provides an environment in which each person can grow spiritually and appreciate community life and worship. This website enables you to find out about our parish community, the Mass times, the parish team, and a variety of groups, together with a contact name and number.
Young People Volunteer at Foodbank WA
- On Tuesday 4 Feb, a group of young people from Mission4Christ volunteered at Foodbank WA’s warehouse, where they packed hampers for people experiencing food insecurity. Food is a basic need that people can often take for granted, and it was … Continue reading
RIP, Mrs Caroline Ebede
- Mrs Caroline Ebede, the beloved mother of Fr Hyginus, passed away on 24 Jan in Nigeria. Funeral will be held on 17 Feb at Umunnowu Village, Agulu, Nigeria. May the Lord in His boundless mercy, grant Mrs Caroline eternal rest and … Continue reading
Children Christmas Mass 2019
- Children’s Christmas Mass & Carol Service 6pm, 24th Dec 2019 Our Children’s Christmas Eve Mass and Carol Service this year was another wonderful celebration of our Lord’s birth shared by all who attended. In the Carol Service, children of the … Continue reading
Busy Bee Christmas 2019
- Thank you to all parishioners who have generously donated their time and talent for the Busy Bee on Saturday 30 November 2019 preparing our Church for the Christmas celebration. Text supplied.
The Perth Catholic Archdiocese is committed to providing safe and secure environments for all its members, leaders, and especially its children, young people and vulnerable individuals. The Safeguarding Project operates in this parish and is child focused and informed by a fundamental belief that children have the right to physical and psychological safety at all times. It is our aim to display and provide best practice in all areas of child protection and as such this parish has implemented a range of relevant policies and procedures which specifically address the safety of children and vulnerable adults and the development of a safe environment within the church. These policies and procedures can be found on the Archdiocese Safeguarding Website at
Geraldine Richards and Thomas Law